The Linksys RE3000W Wireless Range Extender able you to repeat the wireless signal of any access point or your home router to bless us with the internet connectivity even in hard to reach locations through any mode whether it is wired or wireless.
This Linksys Wireless extender can be installed through:
- Web-based setup page for setting up.
- With the help of Linksys Connect software, you need to install it on your computer system.
- With the use of Wi-Fi Protected Setup on Linksys RE3000W extender only if your home router also adjusts with it.
- With the use of setup software in CD that is featured with the extender.
NOTE: You can easily download setup software from the Linksys RE3000W Product Page.
- Linksys WiFi extender setup RE3000W
- Linksys RE3000W reset
- Linksys RE3000W setup without cd
- Firmware update of Linksys Extender
- Linksys RE3000W Manual setup
- How to check the status of your Linksys range extender
- Linksys RE3000W Default Router Login
- Linksys RE3000W Login
- Linksys RE3000W reviews
- FAQ’S (Linksys RE3000W Setup)
Front panel of Linksys RE3000W
In the front panel of the Linksys RE3000W N300 extender, there you will find the light that has two functions:
- Power – Power light will be found on the front panel of it. It lights up at that point when the Linksys extender is ON. The light blinks slowly for at least every three seconds when your Linksys range extender is reset to its factory default settings or while firmware upgradation.
- As the extender is prepared to increase the connectivity, the light is undisputable lit.
- If there is any sort of error, the light blinks quickly we can say every second.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup – When the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ process is lifted, the light blinks slowly and slowly. When the WPS is extremely successful, the light continuously flashes. If there is any type of error, the light flashes quickly for every second for around two minutes.
Power port – This is the location where you connect your power adapter.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) button – if you have client devices that successfully support Wi-Fi Protected Setup like wireless printers, then this button automatically configures the connection and powerful security just after the initial setup.
If your range extender is not associated to any Access Point and it is also not set up then to set it, you need to press the WPS button for connecting to an Access Point.
If your range extender is already successfully set up and working in your network, then in that case pressing the WPS button will function to join another client device to your range extender.
Power switch – Powers up the extender to ON or OFF.
Reset button – Press this Reset button located in your extender for at least five seconds to reset the range extender to its factory default settings.
If you want you can also reset the Linksys RE3000W from the Administration > Factory Defaults screen displayed in the extender’s web-based setup page.
Ethernet port – the speedy Ethernet port act as a wireless bridge to instantly connect any wired Ethernet device with a network.
The green LED is lit at the time when an Ethernet device is connected as well as active on the port. The light blinks as the extender is either sending or receiving any data or information on the Ethernet port.
Linksys WiFi extender setup RE3000W
Before setup Linksys RE3000W, following details of your existing and active wireless network should be thoroughly checked:
- Wireless network name (SSID)
- Wireless Network Password which should be case-sensitive.
Let’s begin with the process:
First of all, place the Linksys RE3000W within the range of your Wi-Fi. Then connect your extender to a power socket and wait until the light which is on the top of the Linksys extender to turn solid.
NOTE: For the initial setup, you are required to set it somewhat closer to your home router. For example, you may set up in the same room where the router is situated, and once the Linksys extender is configured, you can then easily move it according to your choice.
Now, on a computer system, smartphone, through a tablet or any other device connected to the network name of the extender called Linksys Extender Setup. It is the default name of the Linksys extender.
Ensure that you mark at least 50% of your router’s Wi-Fi signal on the device that you will be required for the setup process.
The next step is to open any web browser on your computer and access the Linksys RE3000W extender web-based setup page by keying “http://extender.linksys.com” or “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar.
Once your Linksys Wireless Extender screen Pop-out, click on the Start button.
Now, on the License Agreement screen, click on I agree.
Now it will look for available wireless networks. Choose your wireless network name or SSID.
NOTE: If it highlights that the Linksys range extender is placed too close to your router, then you can either click on Connect anyway to continue else click on Find a better location to look at the right spot between your router and the area to which you are required to extend your network.
Now, enter the passcode of your network in the blank field. Then, click on Next to connect to your Wireless network.
Once you are successfully connected to your home router’s network, you will get a confirmation message showing, Your extender is now configured.
You are now able to connect to your network.
NOTE: Once your range extender is connected to your network, it will automatically obtain an IP Address from your DHCP server. To lookup the new IP Address, you need to check your router’s DHCP table.
Accessing your router’s configuration interface
To connect to your router’s web interface, you are required tofollow these steps:
1. First of all, turn ON your home router.
2. Now establish a connection between your device and the router with the help of network cable.
3. Next, open the web browser.
4. Enter the IP address of your extender in the address bar and then confirm it by pressing ‘Enter’ key.
5. Type username, as well as password in the open interface and then, confirm it once more.
Linksys RE3000W reset
If you required to reset the Linksys RE3000W extender to the factory default settings, you are required to follow the following steps:
1. Turn on your wireless router
2. Press the Factory Reset button and hold it for around 15 seconds
3. Now, the device will restart automatically
The device will be reboot accordingly. As the light stops blinking, it indicates that the device has been reset.
But keep in mind that resetting the router does not reset the Linksys firmware to the old version.
Linksys RE3000W setup without cd
If the setup CD is not attached to your Linksys RE3000W or in any case if you lost the setup CD, then there is good news!!. You don’t need to worry! Because you can easily set your Linksys extender without the help of setup CD.
Here are some instructions that you need to follow to complete this process efficiently. But, please execute the steps in the correct order.
· First of all, ensure to put the extender in that location that is within the range of your router. Try and connect your device to the wall socket and wait unless the power light lit as solid green.
· Use your smart device to connect to a similar wireless network.
· To install the Linksys RE3000W, ensure that your extender is getting the wireless signal strongly as well as properly.
· On your smart device, open the default web browser and try to work over a web-based router page, and for this, you are required to enter the IP address in the address bar. The default IP address for the Linksys RE3000W range extender is 192.168.1.1.
· Once you have performed these instructions, come over to the “Start” menu and initiate the window, only if you are working on a Windows–based system. Now come over to the License Agreement and then agree to all the given terms and conditions by clicking on the “OK” button.
· On the result-oriented window, click on the WiFi network icon and then type the Wireless network name and Security Key.
· Once you are done with this, tap on the “Next” button to connect to your main router.
Firmware update of Linksys Extender
For the proper upgrading ofthe firmware of your Linksys extender, you are required to follow these steps:
On the web-based setup page, you will find the administration tab. Click on that Administration tab and then click Firmware Upgrade sub-tab.
Click on the Browse… button.
Choose the firmware file, the file that you have downloaded earlier, and then click on Open.
Now, click on Start Upgrade.
The progression of the upgrade procedure will be viewed on the same page. To avoid any problems with the Wireless range extender, do not try to disturb the upgrade procedure.
When the upgrade has been completed, click Continue when prompted.
Congratulations!! Now, your firmware is upgraded to the latest version.
Linksys RE3000W Manual setup
.To perform Linksys RE3000W setup through the Manual Method, you are required to follow the understated steps:
- Firstly, plug your Linksys RE3000W N300 extender into a wall power socket and then turn it ON. Now use an Ethernet cable to connect your Linksys wireless range extender to your main router using it.
- Now, use your computer system or laptop to connect it to an active WiFi network.
- Open a web browser of your choice in your smart device.
- Key extender.linksys.com in the address bar.
- Next, press the Enter key.
- Once you are done, the Linksys RE3000W N300 range extender login page will appear.
- Next, you are required to enter the username and password.
- After keying the essentials, tap on the Login button.
- As you will press enter, the screen will display a series of Linksys RE3000W setup instructions.
- You don’t have to worry! Just follow these steps in the prescribed order.
That’s all. In this way, you can easily set your Linksys RE3000W extender.
You can take an informative tour to the Linksys RE3000W manual and find the useful and detailed solution to all your irritating internet and Linksys RE3000W related problems.
How to check the status of your Linksys range extender
Checking the status of your Linksys wireless range extender is crucial so that you can check whether it is appropriately connected to your network or not and whether it is receiving the correct IP address from your home router.
Open the Linksys range extender’s web–based setup page.
Click on Status.
Under Network Address you will find some options, check the Subnet Mask and Default Gateway.
It must be the same as your home router. The IP Address should be the same first three octets as the Default Gateway.
QUICK TIP: each and every device in your wireless network that is connected to your home router should be the same first three (3) octets as the Default Gateway, too. Like, if the Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1, then your other devices must have an IP address of 192.168.1.x, where x is the only value that is entirely different from each other.
Now, click the WLAN Statistics sub-tab which you will find under Administration.
Next, check whether the Network Name field is the same as your router’s networks and then check the Status below. It should highlight as Associated.
Issues with Linksys extender setup RE3000W
Some problems faced:
Your router is configured correctly, but it shows that the setup requires a wireless connection page instead.
If you go through this issue, here are some possible ways to solve it:
- Make sure that your extender is within your router’s range.
- Verify, if your computer’s wireless capability is enabled correctly.
- Try to connect it to the 2.4 GHz wireless network.
4 Try to keep your wireless router’s SSID visible.
Ensure that your Linksys extender is within your router’s range
Ensure that your wireless range extender is within the range of your home router. If you want, you can place it closer to your router while performing the setting process and then change its location after a successful configuration.
There might be signal disturbance between your home router and your range extender, to solve this, avoid placing your extender near any metal objects, and reflective surfaces like mirrors.
Check if your computer’s wireless capability is enabled
At the computer’s taskbar, the Wireless Network Connection denoted by the wireless icon should be highlighted. Else, if you see the Local Area Connection represented by the wired icon, disable it and try to utilize the wireless connection instead. To learn how, follow the instructions given below:
First of all, right-click on the wired icon and then select Open Network and Sharing Center.
Once you are done, and the Network Connections window opens, try and disable the Local Area Connection to ensure that the wired, as well as wireless connections, are not conflicting. Right-click on the icon and then choose Disable.
Make sure that the Wireless Network Connection option is enabled and if not then right-click on the icon and then choose Enable.
Properly connect to the 2.4 GHz network.
If you are affiliated with a dual-band wireless home router, ensure that the 2.4 GHz wireless network is broadcasting. Your computer system should be effectively connected to the 2.4 GHz network as the Linksys RE3000W is not compatible and adjustable with the 5 GHz network and for this:
Follow the instructions given below:
On your computer desktop taskbar, tap on the wireless icon to see the list of available wireless connectivity.
Now, choose the network name (SSID) of the 2.4 GHz wireless network.
Click on Connect.
NOTE: You might also verify the Connect automatically box for the computer system to remember this network.
Wait till the computer system connects successfully and efficiently to the network. If you are asked to enter a network security key or password, enter it on the password field and then click on OK.
Once it is connected, a white wireless icon will appear. This is the hint to tell that you should now be successfully connected to your home router’s 2.4 GHz network.
Try to keep your wireless router’s SSID(Network name) visible
One of the main reasons that why your Linksys range extender can’t detect the wireless network is because your router’s network name may be hidden. And the consequence is that the Setup Wizard will be unable to detect your router’s network.
Previously, if you have set your SSID hidden or disabled, then you will be required to set the router’s SSID Broadcast feature to Enabled.
NOTE: The SSID Broadcast Enable / Disable feature is only and only available for Linksys Wi-Fi Routers as well as Linksys Smart Wi-Fi routers with classic firmware. Specifically, this feature is no longer supported by the routers using a Linksys cloud account.
Once you are done, reconnect your computer system and run your Linksys range extender’s Setup Wizard again.
Linksys RE3000W Default Router Login
To access your Linksys RE3000W, you require the IP of your device, the username as well as password. You will get such information in the Manual of Linksys RE3000W extender.
But if in any case, you do not find the Linksys RE3000W manual or if you don’t want to read the whole manual just to know the default login information then you can give a quick look to the guide mentioned below. In order to get to the router login page, it is significant that you are connected to your wireless home router.
Linksys RE3000W Login
Follow these steps:
- First of all, open any web browser in any smart device.
- Detect your wireless router IP address. Wait for a few seconds, and your tool will give a link to your home router’s login page. Click on the link provided.
- You will find two text fields where you can type a username as well as password.
- The default username of Linksys RE3000W is “blank”, and the default password is “admin”.
- Type your username & password then press “Enter“, and now you should be able to view the control panel of the router.
Linksys RE3000W reviews
With a 3.6 STAR Rating, the Linksys RE3000W range extender has somepros and cons, consider these reviews before making purchasing decisions.
Let’s look at Linksys RE3000W reviews:
ü Increases the signal strength
ü Extremely easy to use
ü Great wireless coverage
ü Simple design
ü Easily eliminates dead spots
❌Problems with initial setup
❌Suddenly signal drops out
❌Does not have much durability
You can also give a view to the Linksys RE3000W manual and search for the effective and best solution to all your irritating internet related problems.
If then too, your problem is not resolved then you can directly contact to the official website of Linksys RE3000W wireless range extender as we don’t provide any technical help through any modes.
FAQ’S (Linksys RE3000W Setup)
1. What operating systems (OS) are compatible and functional with Linksys RE3000W Setup Software?
Below given are the compatible Operating system:
· Windows 7
· Windows 8
· Windows Vista® SP1
· Windows XP SP3
Mac OS X®
· Mavericks 10.9
· Mountain Lion 10.8 all versions
· Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or higher
· Yosemite 10.10
· Lion 10.7 all versions
2. How can you tell which access point or router that Linksys RE3000W is connected to?
Once your range extender is associated to an access point, then access its web-based setup page and then go to Status > WLAN Statistics then check for AP MAC Address.
This page will contain the MAC Address of the access point that your extender is associated to, along with another wireless connection.
3. What are the wireless security modes that the Linksys RE3000W support?
The Linksys RE3000W range extenders support WEP, WPA, WPA2, and WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode.
4. What is the default IP address and password for Linksys RE3000?
The IP address of the Linksys RE3000W extender is 192.168. 1.1. Leave the username field blank and enter the password as “admin” in the password field.