- Netgear ac1200 setup as an Access Point:
- Ways of Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup
- How to reset Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender EX6150
- Netgear ac1200 setup
- Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup issues
- Netgear EX6150 Firmware Update
Netgear ac1200 setup as an Access Point:
- Firstly, plug your extender into an electrical socket.
- Wait till the power LED light turns green.
- Now to proceed with Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup, let the switch ON to Access Point on the Netgear wireless extender.
- Next, connect an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the Netgear extender and to the LAN port of your home router.
- On your Devices such as computer, tablets or smartphone, try and connect to the Netgear EX6150 default WI-FI networks:
- Now, open an internet browser and type http://www.mywifiext.net in the address bar. The NEW Extender setup will appear.
- Next step of the Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup is to tap on the NEW EXTENDER SETUP button.
- Create an Account screen will display.
- Enter the fields on the Create Account screen and then tap on the Next button.
- It will automatically detect which mode the Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 has been set.
- Tap on the HOME NETWORK or PUBLIC NETWORK button.
- Now, enter the preferred SSID, security option, password, and then hit on the Next button.
- Ensure that the client device is successfully connected before you tap on the Continue.
- Next, tap on the Continue button. Once you have clicked, a screen will display that says you have successfully created an access point.
- Now, click on the Next button as you will click the registration screen will display. Fill the registration fields and then finally tap on the Finish button in order to complete the Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup.
If you don’t want to register your Netgear WiFi extender, just tap on the Skip Registration button.
Ways of Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup
There are two ways to set up EX6150 as a range extender. One way is to use the browser setup method, and the other is to use the WPS method.
So firstly we will learn to install your wireless extender using browser setup:
Follow the steps to do the same:
- Plug your Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender( ex6150- 100nas) into a power socket and then wait for the power LED to turn solid green.
- Use a Wi-Fi client and connect to the NETGEAR_EXT wireless network name. Note: You may also take the help of a wired computer to install your Netgear wireless extender. Use an Ethernet cord and establish the connection between your computer and the extender Ethernet port.
- Once the wireless client is successfully connected to your extender network, the Device LED Light will turn ON.
- Next step of the Netgear ac1200 WIFI range extender EX6150 setup is to open an internet browser and then type http://www.mywifiext.net.
- Now, click on NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Fill up the Netgear Extender Setup screen and then click on NEXT.
Note: This account is for your wireless extender user interface login essentials, as well as password recovery.
- Click on WIFI RANGE EXTENDER.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network that you want to extend and then click on NEXT.
Type the wireless Password (network key) and then click on NEXT.
- Now, enter the preferred network name and security settings then click on NEXT.
Note: To work with different wireless security type, choose to Use a different password, and then select your preferred security type.
- Next, connect the wireless device to the extender and then tap on Continue.
- Your best buy WiFi extender is now configured as a Netgear WiFi extender. Click Next to move on to the registration.
- Click on Finish to mark the Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 set up after completing the registration process.
So now, we will learn to install the wireless extender using the WPS button:
In order to perform the Netgear AC1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup using WPS follow the rules given below:
- Power ON the Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender (EX6150 100nas).
- Place your Netgear EX6150 and WiFi router in the same room.
- Once you are done, plug your Netgear extender into an electrical socket.
- Wait for the Power LED light to turn green.
- Now, to proceed with the Netgear ac1200 setup process, press the WPS button on your extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your WiFi router.
- If the Netgear EX6150 Link Status LED turns white, then it indicates that the connection between the home router and extender is strong.
- Follow the prompts in order to connect your extender to your existing network.
Note: If the home router supports the 5 GHz band, then your extender attempts to connect to the router’s 5 GHz band for the first time you will press the WPS button. If your wifi extender best buy did not connect to your router’s 5 GHz band for the first time, then it may lead to a lot of issues during the setup process.
To resolve such issues, get in touch with the Netgear professionals on Netgear Officials Website
- Now proceed with the Netgear ac1200 setup and take your extender to a new location.
- Move your WiFi-enabled computer or mobile phone to a location with poor router coverage.
- Last step of the Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup is to connect your WiFi-enabled computer or to the extended network.
Congratulations!! Your Netgear ac1200 setup using the WPS button is complete.
How to reset Netgear ac1200 wifi range extender EX6150
There are two ways to reset your Netgear WiFi extender to default settings.
First way is through pressing the Factory Reset button located on your extender and the second way is by using the web user interface.
Factory Reset button:
- Firstly, search for an object like a pen or a paper clip.
- Then on the bottom of your Netgear extender, search for the Factory Reset button.
- Now, press and hold the reset button using a paper clip or a pen for around 5 seconds or till the Device to your wireless extender LED blinks amber.
- Then release the Factory Reset button and wait for your best buy wifi extender to reboot.
- Once rebooted, your Netgear WiFi extender is back to its factory default settings.
- Take a computer device that is connected to your Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender through a wired or wireless connection.
Note: The Device to Extender LED light converts solid green in order to indicate that a device is currently connected to your extender.
- Now, open the web browser such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
- Then enter www.mywifiext.net in the address field.
- On the login page, enter the Email, as well as, Password and then click on Log In.
- Tap on Settings and then Other Settings, on the Netgear genie page.
- Click on Reset. Click on Yes in order to proceed.
- Wait for the web user interface to finish resetting your extender to factory settings.
It is the WiFi extender best buy with smart features, but before making any crucial decision, give a look to the Netgear ac1200 review and ratings from their official website.
Netgear ac1200 setup
With the Netgear ac1200 setup, you can easily create a mesh network through your existing WiFi network and extend it to the remote areas of your home.
Using its dual WiFi bands technology, you can establish a super high-speed connection for your HD gaming, as well as streaming requirements.
Netgear ac1200 setup: Manual Method
To perform Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup manually, follow the instructions given below:
- First of all, turn ON your Netgear EX6150.
- Now, place the extender close enough to the WiFi router.
- Then, plug your wireless extender into an electrical socket.
- Wait till the Power LED turns green.
- If the LED does not lit, then press the Power button.
- Connect your computer system or mobile device to the Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 through a WiFi or an Ethernet connection:
- WiFi – On your WiFi-enabled computer, open the WiFi connection manager and connect to a network.
- Ethernet – Use an Ethernet cord to connect the Netgear ac1200.
- Open an internet browser on a computer or Mobile device and then type www.mywifiext.net.
- If this internet address is not working properly on your Device, then contact the experts or visit their official website.
- The Netgear installation assistant will appear.
- Follow the prompts in order to connect Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender (EX6150 100nas) to the existing WiFi network.
- Take your extender to an ideal location that you like.
- If you get no connection or a poor connection, then take the Netgear extender closer to your wireless router and then try again till the LED light blinks white.
- Once you have to find the best location for the Netgear extender, connect your client devices to the extended network.
If you still face any problem in the Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender EX6150 setup, get in touch with the highly-experienced professionals.
Netgear ac1200 is one of the WiFi extender best buy with solid Netgear ac1200 review and ratings. It promises you to offer the best speed and able to remove all the dead spots from your home and decorate your place with internet zones.
Netgear EX6150 FastLane Setup
FastLane Technology is a technology that gives you maximum WiFi performance. It offers a high-speed connection with a dedicated band connecting your home router to the Netgear extender.
And a second band connecting your WiFi device and extender.
Here you will learn about how to perform the Netgear EX6150 FastLane Setup:
- Firstly, connect your client device with a WiFi network.
- Then, launch a web browser such as Microsoft Edge, or Internet Explorer.
- Now, access the Netgear AC1200 EX6150 extender login page.
- Type the username and password when asked.
- Tap on the ‘FastLane’ option that is on the Netgear genie page.
- Now, you will receive two options: ‘Device-to-extender in 2.4 GHz only and extender-to-router in 5 GHz only’ and ‘Device-to-extender in 5 GHz only as well as extender-to-router in 2.4 GHz’.
- Choose any of the options that you like and then tap on the Save button.
In case you face any problem at any of the steps while enabling the FastLane Technology on the extender, don’t hesitate and directly contact the experts for quick solutions.
Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup issues
There is a list of Netgear ac1200 setup issues:
- Can not set up Netgear wireless extender on Mac or iOS devices.
- The extender is connected, but there is no internet.
- Best buy wifi extender’s default web address is not working properly.
- The extender is not connected to your network.
- MAC address errors.
- The Netgear genie app is not opening.
- Mywifiext.net is not working.
- Mywifiext.com does not open.
- Not able to login to Netgear ex6150 extender.
- Not able to update the wireless extender firmware.
- Netgear extender Setup is not working properly.
- Connectivity issues
- The extender is not connected to the internet
- Netgear extender red light causing issues
- Incorrect Netgear extender password
- Issues while accessing 192.168.1.250 IP address
- EX6150 drops internet connectivity
- Not able to access mywifiext.net after updating the Netgear WiFi extender.
- A problem in performing the Netgear extender reset.
- Cannot find Netgear range extender SSID.
- Forgot your extender default password.
- The Internet is connected but then also not working.
- Lost configuration CD.
Fix up the Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender setup Issues
Read the below-mentioned troubleshooting tips in order to fix Netgear ac1200 setup issues:
- Ensure that the Netgear EX6150 extender is getting proper power supply from the wall socket.
- Confirm that the plug in which your Netgear extender is plugged in is not damaged.
- Try keeping your extender away from the walls, room corners, microwave ovens, cordless phones, etc.
- Verify all the wired connections. Avoid using any damaged cord.
- If you are facing issues during logging into the Netgear AC1200 extender, then be certain that you have typed in the correct URL in the address field.
- Use high-speed internet connection on any of your Devices.
- Reset your wireless extender to its factory default settings.
- Use only the latest version of your internet browser during the Netgear extender login.
- Power-cycle the Netgear extender once and then try again to set it.
- Update the latest Netgear AC1200 wifi range extender firmware version.
If none one of the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips solves your issues, then also don’t panic. Just reach to the technicians and fix your Netgear ac1200 setup issues.
Netgear EX6150 Firmware Update
If your extender, all of sudden, start behaving abnormally and if it is not providing the speed even after a successful Netgear ac1200 WiFi range extender EX6150 setup.
Then you are required to update the firmware on Netgear extender. Here’s are the steps on how to perform Netgear firmware update:
- Firstly, turn ON your Netgear AC1200.
- Next, connect a PC, laptop to a network.
- Once you are done, launch a web browser according to your choice.
- Log in to the extender through the username and password.
- Move to the settings and then tap on the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Then, tap on the Check button.
- If there is a new firmware version available, then click on the YES button for Netgear AC1200 firmware update.
- Now, wait for few minutes and let your Netgear extender firmware update properly.
Congratulations!! Your Netgear WiFi extender’s firmware has been successfully updated. If you face any problem, feel free to visit their official website.