This is an extender which acts as an AC access point in order to extend the WiFi coverage places and totally erases dead zones. Its access point mode enables you to include WiFi capabilities to the existing home network.
- FEATURES of Linksys RE7000 max-stream AC1900 amplify range extender
- How to setup up Linksys RE7000
- How to reset Linksys RE7000?
- Linksys RE7000 not working?
- Linksys RE7000 reviews
- FAQ’S Of Linksys RE7000
FEATURES of Linksys RE7000 max-stream AC1900 amplify range extender
HELPS IN REDUCING DEAD SPOTS
It helps in extending your Wi-Fi to reach to the hard locations in your home like your backyard, garage, so that you can receive Linksys RE7000 AC1900+ Wi-Fi speeds to our new generation TVs, tablets, laptops/ computers and even to your smartphones to enjoy movies, online gaming, social media, and many more.
Have the ability to WORK WITH ALL ROUTERS
This wireless range extender can work with any of your home routers without any issuer, even those from Internet service providers. You are not at all required to adjust the router’s settings at the time of setting up the Linksys extender.
EASY to SETUP
There are 2 easy ways to setup Linksys RE7000 extender-
- Press the Push Button to connect to the feature on the Linksys RE7000 MAX-STREAM AC1900+ in order to directly get connected to your home router.
- Another way to simply set up the extender through your smartphone, computer system/ laptops.
Look for the best location for your range extender with the help of Spot Finder Technology.
Affiliated with spot finder Technology
it is highlighting as Too far or Too close from your existing home router then in that case the extender may not expand Wi-Fi, and you are required to adjust the location of your wireless Linksys extender so that it can easily eliminate the dead spots. Spot Finder helps your Linksys range extender to be at the right place.
Featured with BEAMFORMING AND CROSSBAND TECHNOLOGY for better CONNECTIVITY
Linksys RE7000 range extender is Featured with BEAMFORMING and cross-band technology that provides better connection and permits you to enjoy undisrupted gaming and to do your any other work.
- Cross-band Technology is used to maximize the use of both bands for speedy connection.
- Beamforming Technology focus on Wi-Fi Signal directly to your mobile phones, computer, and laptop for unbreakable Wi-Fi connection
GIGABIT ETHERNET PORT
Connect your smart device like TV to the RE7000 extender’s Gigabit Ethernet port to enjoy Wi-Fi speed up to 10 times faster than normal Ethernet.
Availability of DUAL BANDS FOR FASTER speed and better CONNECTIVITY
It offers dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz for united speeds of up to 1.9 Gbps which double the performance of a single band. Newer wireless-AC devices are routed to the higher-speed 5 GHz band, while older wireless-N and G devices make use of l the 2.4 GHz band.
How to setup up Linksys RE7000
The Linksys RE7000 range extender can be connected in two different ways.
- Access Point mode
- Range extender mode
Setting up of Linksys RE7000 through Range Extender mode
Before starting with the setup procedure, be aware that you have the following requirements:-
- An active as well as strong 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi connection
- Router with proper WiFi settings, which includes the Wi-Fi name and password.
Now let’s start with the setup procedure-
First of all properly plug the Linksys RE7000 wireless extender into a power socket.
IMPORTANT: Wait until the light change to orange.
Now, using a computer system or a mobile device, connect your device to the Linksys RE7000’s default Wi-Fi name. You should be surely connected to this Wi-Fi, to begin with the setup procedure.
NOTE: The MAC address of the Linksys RE7000 range extender is located on the label which is at the backside of the device.
Open the web browser either in your mobile phone or computer and then enter “http://extender.linksys.com” or type “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar.
Once you are done with this then press ENTER to begin the setup of your extender.
Now, click on Start Setup.
Then, create an admin password as well as your password hint.
Once you have Created both the passwords then click on the save button.
Choose the As a wireless range extender option and then click on Next.
Now, choose the existing Wi-Fi available and then enter the password.
NOTE: If you have a dual-band network, you should see the (WiFi name) SSID of both bands.
QUICK TIP: If you have a hidden SSID, then click on Manually Enter Network Name and Password.
Now, its time to create your extended network SSIDs (WiFi name) and password.
The Spot Finder page will appear on Range Extender mode.
This page will judge the signal strength between your Linksys RE7000 range extender and your router. If it is highlighting as too far or too close then unplug your extender and move it accordingly and then again begin with step 1. It should blink at Just Right which will define that the location of your range extender is just perfect.
Now, your Linksys extender will itself check for the latest available firmware and upgrade it accordingly.
As shown in the image below ⬇️
Your Linksys RE7000 is now set up in Range Extender mode.
When your Linksys RE7000 is in Range Extender mode, at that time the top header will read Dual-Band Wireless Range Extender.
After the proper setup, you can log in to the web-based setup page to see the updated top header name.
Linksys RE7000 setup
Linksys extender setup through Access Point mode.
Access Point mode lets your Linksys wireless range extender extend your Wi-Fi coverage areas by connecting to your router which enables you to suffer from minimum loss of performance or frequently dropping of connection.
For speedy WiFi choose Access Point mode.
This is the list of Linksys range extenders you can set up in Access Point mode:
- Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream™ AC1900+ WiFi Extender.
- Linksys RE6800 AC1750 WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6700 AC1200 AMPLIFY Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6500 AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6500HG AC1200 Dual-Band WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX WiFi Extender
- Linksys RE6300 AC750 BOOST WiFi Extender
Before starting with the procedure of setting up, ensure the following requirements:
- An active and strong WiFi connection.
- Your Wi-Fi name and password.
- An ethernet cable in order to connect your router to your Linksys RE7000.
Once you have fulfilled all the necessary requirements, follow these steps given below.
Plug your wireless Linksys RE7000 extender into a power socket.
Wait until the light on the extender starts blinking orange.
Connect an ethernet cable to your extender from your existing router. Depending upon the extender’s model, before switching to the next step you need to wait until the light turns green.
Now, connect a computer system or a mobile device to the range extender’s default SSID, which is Linksys Extender Setup – xxx.
NOTE: the xxx denotes the last three characters of the wireless range extender’s MAC address, which can be found at the back label of the device.
Now, open a web browser either on your mobile phone or computer, then enter “http://extender.linksys.com” in the Address bar.
If it doesn’t work then, you will need to look up for your range extender’s IP address in your router’s DHCP client table.
Now, click on Start Setup.
Under the As a wired range extender (Access point) option you will find Next.
Click on it.
NOTE: If you have not connected an ethernet cable to your switch or router from your Linksys range extender, it will ask you to connect the cable and then try again. Make sure that it is connected before moving towards the next step.
Create an extended network that our range extender will be rebroadcasting and then click on Next.
**The extended network is that Wi-Fi network that your range extender will be broadcasting.**
NOTE: You will need to set up your device manually as the Setup wizard only has WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode and WPA2 (recommended) as its options if You want to set up WiFi using Wired Equivalent Portal (WEP) and to do this, repeat Step 1 up to Step 4, and choose Manual Setup.
Now, create an admin password for your Linksys RE7000 range extender, then click on Save.
You can also add a password hint if you want, it is optional.
You might be asked to register your Linksys extender product to receive updates and other information to improve your experience. Enter your Email Address then click Next, or if you don’t want to receive updates, click on Skip.
Your range extender is now set up in Access Point mode.
Ready!! Get set GO!!
How to reset Linksys RE7000?
One needs to give just 10 seconds to reset your Linksys RE7000wireless extender. If the extender is somehow get disconnected then in that case you can again reset it by following these few steps:
- Ensure that your extender is properly plugged into the wall.
- just next to the Auto-Configuration button, you will find the reset button.
- Press that button for10 seconds.
- Release that button after 10 seconds so that the extender should reset to its factory settings.
Linksys RE7000 not working?
Sometimes it happens that there occurs some problems in our extender and which results in reducing the performance of the device.
Some problems could be –
- Having set up or login issues
- Sometimes web address is not working
- The problem in establishing a connection with multiple devices at the same time
- Unable to troubleshoot internet issues
Because of these problems, the extender some time is not able to extend the network and as a result DEAD SPOTS exists.
If you are dealing with such problems then, first of all, try to disconnect and again reconnect your internet. In this way apply reconnect and disconnect strategy, If this also doesn’t prove to be fruitful then try to eliminate it by rebooting your computer system.
Then unplug your modem at least for 10 seconds and after that again plug it back.
Troubleshooting tips to solve the problem
- Check the physical connection of extender and router.
- Try to keep a minimum distance between Linksys extender and your router in order to avoid a weak connection.
- When you are keying the password always keep in mind that it is always case-sensitive.
- If your router is using WPA security then make sure that your extender also uses WPA security.
- For efficient and successful working of Linksys RE6500 extender its firmware must be up to date to the latest version.
- An extender is facilitated with a reset button press and hold it for at least 10 seconds in order to reboot the device.
- Check that the link light of all hardware connections is blinks green, which means that it should be switched ON.
- Make sure that the SSID setting matches with all the other devices in link with that network
Linksys RE7000 reviews
With 3.5 STAR Rating, this Linksys range extender has somepros and cons, consider these before making purchasing decisions.
Let’s check Linksys RE7000 reviews:
- Increases the signal strength
- Extremely easy to setup
- Featured with Spot Finder technology
- Great wireless coverage
- Simple design
- Dual-band operations
- Practical software
❌ Gets hot
❌ suddenly signal drops out
❌does not have much durability
❌ unexceptional performance
You can also give a look a Linksys RE7000 manual and search for the effective and best- detailed solution to all your irritating internet and Linksys RE7000 AC1900 related problems.
If then too, your problem is not resolved then you can directly contact to the official website of Linksys RE6700 wireless range extender as we don’t provide any technical help through this article.
FAQ’S Of Linksys RE7000
What are all included in the Linksys RE7000 package?
The Linksys RE7000 has the following package inclusions:
- The Linksys RE7000
- Quick Install Guide
- Regulatory information booklet
Which will help you in setting up the extender.
What is the power rate of the Linksys RE7000?
The internal AC / DC power supply of the Linksys RE7000 is 100-240 V, ~0.5 A, 50/60 Hz.
What are the product requirements when using my Linksys RE7000?
The following are the product requirements when using your Linksys RE7000:
- Existing wireless router or access point
- Ethernet cable if using the Linksys RE7000 in Access Point mode
- A computer or tablet with Wi-Fi enabled
- For browser configuration:
- Internet Explorer® 8 or higher
- Safari® 5.1 or higher
- Chrome™ 25.0 or higher
- Firefox® 20 or higher
What is the default IP address and password of the Linksys RE7000?
If the Linksys RE7000 AC1200 does not detect a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server in the network and has not obtained an IP address from a router, so in that case it’s a default IP address is 192.168.1.1. The default password is admin
What wireless security modes does the Linksys RE7000 support?
The Linksys RE7000 extender normally supports the following wireless security modes:
- Access Point mode supports WPA2™ Personal and WPA2/WPA™ Mixed Mode.
- Range Extender mode supports WPA2 Personal, WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode, and WEP.
How do I identify what mode the Linksys RE7000 is in?
As you have set up, access the Linksys RE7000’s web-based setup page to know the updated top header name.
What are the two setup modes of my Linksys RE7000?
The Linksys RE7000 can be set up in two modes.
- Wired Range Extender Access Point mode which is possible through an Ethernet cable.
- Wireless Range Extender mode.