Linksys RE6700, an extender which is developed to help us, to let us enjoy our internet zones. It allows us to use the service of hotspot and removing all dead spots.
Linksys RE6700 AC1200, as the name suggests it is used to extend the WiFi affiliated places and enable us to do anything whether it is office work, attending online classes, or playing video games.
it always try to keep our curve alive.
- FEATURES of Linksys RE6700
- How to setup Linksys RE6700 range extender
- How to reset Linksys RE6700 range extender?
- Why Linksys RE6700 extender is not working?
- How to check the status of your wireless range extender?
- Linksys RE6700 reviews
FEATURES of Linksys RE6700
This wireless range extender is launched with attractive and fruitful features that include:
Smooth streaming and downloading throughout the home
Linksys RE6700 provides great speed and connectivity even in remote areas with proper consistency. It permits us to complete each and every work whether it is playing online games or busy with work from home in this period of pandemic without dropping out the connection.
Universal compatibility with any router
Linksys RE6700 range extender is compatible with any router or gateway. We are not required to make any adjustments or modifications while installing this useful extender.
You simply need to connect it to your current wireless network and enjoy all its benefits as well as make it universally acceptable device.
Affiliated with CROSS-BAND TECHNOLOGY
Linksys RE6700 is a creative feature with the innovative usage of both bands, instead of false belief on one band to do every work. It normally obtains the data from one band and transmits it to the other band, as a result, you will experience fewer dropouts, faster media transfer, and effective signal strength inside your home.
Beam forming for more effective WiFi signal
RE6700 Linksys has dual bands of 2.4 and 5 GHz. It can provide the delivery speed up to N300 + AC867 Mbps for undisrupted entertainment and any other important work.
Integrated power outlet
We must be thankful to its integrated power pass feature that helps us to maintain the usage of power outlet even when Linksys RE6700 is plugged in. This power outlet works exactly an ordinary electrical outlet and is not at all under the authority of the wireless extender.
Equipped with GIGABIT ETHERNET PORT
This is featured with GIGABIT ETHERNET PORT and you will be shocked to know that it is around 10 times faster than an ordinary Ethernet.
You can connect multiple devices together such as mobile phones TV, or any other smart device. Not only this but it also provides strong WiFi bandwidth to your mobile phone.
Featured with SPOT FINDER TECHNOLOGY
With this unique feature, you will be experiencing maximum speed and strong WiFi connectivity is not only indoor but it also covers outdoors.
Easy setup procedure
This is supporting the easy setup process with proper guidelines and disclaimers in the packaging. Which can be proved to be very helpful at the time of setting up your extender.
How to setup Linksys RE6700 range extender
Linksys wireless range extender setup RE6700 is not easy and never be simpler.
Before starting the process of setting up you must ensure these particulars:
- Strong WiFi signal as well as connectivity.
- WiFi username, Linksys RE6700 setup passcode.
- Linksys RE6700 must be properly plugged in a power socket. Make sure that you must not start the setup process until it starts blinking orange.
Now start following these steps for Linksys RE6700 setup -:
Let’s begin –
- First of all, you need to plug properly into the power socket. The next thing is to establish a connection with the wireless networks.
- As you have clicked the start button, you will be provided with the license agreement. Below that there will be q function, you need to pay attention to that before accepting the agreement. You can select whether the Linksys range extender should upgrade itself when the new firmware is detected or not. It completely depends upon you what you want to choose.
- Now, the next step is to choose your existing network available in the range of Linksys RE6700.
- When the network is chosen then the setup page will swipe and provide you with the Spot Finder page that will help you in knowing that whether you have placed the Linksys RE6700 correctly or not.
- When it is highlighting Just Right then it’s good news for you and if it is blinking either on Too far or Too close then you need to quickly change its position but be aware that it must be within the range. Don’t forget this is also a page where you will provide a password to Linksys RE6700 extender.
- Once you have set the password then you can give separate and unique names to your range extender new and fresh networks and security settings for both the bands. You will also need to set an administration password. You should this as something different and doesn’t use the same over and over again.
- Now the last page will provide you with a nutshell of the settings with “print this” for later reference.
Now your Linksys RE6700 AC1200 Amplify WiFi Range Extender is set up and ready to remove all the dead zones.
- Admin Control Panel – if you have set up the extender, then still you have control over administration panel, If you want to reset everything, just change the few settings or you want to update the firmware. The basic setting contains all the wireless settings that you want to access ranging from network names to passwords. As stated previously that this extender is also featured with WPS for easy setup so you can also avail the benefit of this to make your Linksys extender setup process easy.
How to reset Linksys RE6700 range extender?
It is quite normal that the extender is disconnected again and again in that case you can simply reset it.
Just give 10 seconds to reset your Linksys wireless range extender.
You need to follow these few steps in order to reset Linksys RE6700.
- Be aware that your wireless extender is properly plugged into the wall.
- Find the reset button on your Linksys RE6700 AC1200 dual-band WiFi range extender.
- Press that reset button for 10 seconds.
- Release that button after 10 seconds so that the extender should reset to its factory settings.
So now you can continue using your internet service!
Why Linksys RE6700 extender is not working?
There are a number of reasons because of which sometimes your extender stop working.
Let’s figure out what could be the possible reasons-
- Sometimes having setup or login related problems
- web address is not working properly and efficiently
- Difficulty in building connections with numerous devices at the same point in time.
- Difficulty in troubleshooting internet related queries
These problems, restrict the extender to extend the network coverage area and as a result DEAD ZONES remains present.
If you are facing such problems then, first of all, apply disconnect and reconnect policy. Which means for once disconnect and again reconnect your internet.
If this also doesn’t throw any effect then solve it by restarting your computer system.
Then unplug your modem at least for 10 seconds and after that again plug it back.
Follow these troubleshooting tips to solve these problems
- Verify the connectivity of the extender as well as your router.
- Keep minimum distance between Linksys RE6700 extender and the router to eliminate weak connectivity and weak signal strength.
- While typing the password be aware that it should always in case-sensitive.
- If your router is using WPA security then check that your Linksys extender is also using the same WPA security.
- firmware must be up to date to the latest version if you want the proper functionality of your range extender.
- Extender is featured with reset button, press and hold it for 10 seconds to reboot the device.
- Check that the link light of all hardware connections is blinking green, which means that it should be ON.
- Make sure that the SSID setting matches with all the other devices in link with that network
For more information and guidance please look at Linksys RE6700 manual, it includes detailed data and information about this range extender and is always ready to give efficient as well as authentic answers to all your queries.
How to update the Wi-Fi settings of the Linksys RE6700 AC1200 range extender?
To update your WiFi settings of the extender you need to follow these steps:
These steps will definitely help you in updating your WiFi settings and enable you to reach at every turn of your workplace or your sweet home.
Connect a computer or any type of mobile phone to the WiFi of your wireless extender.
Once you are done with this, Follow “http://extender.linksys.com” on your browser.
NOTE: if you are prompted, then enter the password as “admin” for your range extender.
Now, move to Wireless > Basic Settings.
As you have moved to the Basic Settings option, there On the 2.4 GHz Extended Wireless Settings section, check and make the same as router settings. checkbox. Do the same thing for the 5 GHz Extender Wireless Settings if you have it, then click on Save.
Now your WiFi settings are updated, CONGRATULATIONS!
How to check the status of your wireless range extender?
It is quite significant to check the current status of your wireless extender as to maintain its connectivity and its power to extend the network to multiple floors.
To check this, follow these steps-
open the web browser in order to login to the web-based setup page of your Linksys range extender
there are 2 ways to log in:
- Type http://extender.linksys.com in the Address bar.
- Enter the Linksys range extender’s IP address.
Click Device Info, under status option.
verify Subnet Mask and Default Gateway under the heading NetworkAddress. It must be the same as your wireless router. Even the IP Address should have the same first three octets as the Default Gateway.
Under Status, click on WLAN Statistics.
verify whether the Network Name (SSID) option is exactly the same as your network’s, then verify the Status which is highlighted in the last. It should command as Associated.
Note: These settings should also be the same as the 5 GHz settings.
Linksys RE6700 reviews
With ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rating, this device has some pros and cons, consider these before making purchasing decisions.
Let’s give a look to at Linksys RE6300 reviews:
- Efficiently increased the strength
- Very easy to setup
- Benefitted with Spot Finder technology
- Great wireless coverage
- Instructions guide is extremely easy to follow
- Integrated power outlet
❌ It is bulky
❌ suddenly signal drops out
❌does not have much durability
❌ Cost a very hefty amount
You can take an informative tour to Linksys RE6700 manual and search for the effective and best detailed solution to all your irritating internet and Linksys RE6700 related problems.
If then too, your problem is not resolved then you can directly contact the Linksys official website of Linksys RE6700 wireless range extender as we don’t provide any technical help through this article.
Linksys RE6700 extender helps in:
Scanning dead spots and installing internet spots.