Now you don’t need to pay extra to upgrade your internet plan. Just install Linksys RE6500 and enjoy your internet life without any error file.
Linksys RE6500 extender, an extender that will delete “dead zones” from your home or workplace. It extends the network coverage area and provides super speed net connectivity even in remote areas.
Linksys RE6500 repeats the signal from your router and rebroadcast the generated signals in those areas that are the witnesses of “dead spots”.
- Features of Linksys RE6500 range extender
- How to setup Linksys RE6500 range extender?
- How to reset Linksys RE6500?
- Linksys RE6500 not working?
- Linksys Re6500 Extender LED POWER LIGHTS Status.
- Linksys RE6500 firmware
- Linksys RE6500 review
Features of Linksys RE6500 range extender
- Eliminates dead spots and extends the existing wireless network coverage area.
- Have the ability to work with WiFi routers and gateway.
- WiFi range up to 10000 square feet.
- Special wireless music system
- Universal compatibility with routers.
Linksys extender is compatible with any type of router or gateway. You simply need to connect it to your current wireless network and avail its benefits as well as make it accessible anywhere in your house.
New generation wireless extender for speedy performance
Linksys RE6500 normally provides almost three times faster speed than any other wireless extender. It is mainly suitable for big houses where there is a hefty amount of internet and media consumption.
Support Dual-Band WiFi
This extender support dual-band WiFi that means this transfer both 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency at the same point of time. It also helps in reducing hindrances.
It has crossband technology
Having crossband technology means that now it can get information or data on one band and transmit it to the other band, reducing weak signals and providing more convenient and consistent signal throughout your workplace.
Proper security system to protect your data
Security is a must in every case. No one can make a sacrifice when it comes to security. So in order to protect your data, this extender offers proper security support. To secure the data it has WPS (WiFi protected setup) button which allows you to build secure as well as safe connection with your router.
Extraordinary WIRELESS MUSIC PLAYBACK feature
Linksys RE6500 is featured with this function which permits you to play the track on your network or on speakers through the audio part.
All the media players used to change with the launch of new smart mobile apps or software.
When we talk about a list of all generation users then:
- Mac users can play music with the help of the SofaPlay app.
- Android users can listen to their favorite music through MediaHouse, Skifta, PixelMedia, and 2Player 2.0.
- Windows users can stream music with Windows Media Player12.
- IOS devices can enjoy it using proprietor software or apps like Smartstor Fusion, and Mconnect.
How to setup Linksys RE6500 range extender?
Under this we will guide you about how to setup Linksys RE6500 range extender using smart setup wizard.
Follow these steps for RE6500 setup -:
- First of all, you are required to place Linksys RE6500 halfway between your router.
- Now connect the antennas to your Linksys RE6500 and its adapter to a power socket. Make sure that the antennas are placed in the right position for effective working.
- Wait until the light on the top of the range extender blinks orange.
METHODS OF LINKSYS EXTENDER SETUP
- Wireless setup
- Wired setup
Wireless setup – now connect with your range extender’s default WiFi name that is Linksys Extender Setup- xxx.
Wired setup – in this we use Ethernet cable to connect the Linksys RE6500 with your home router.
- Open your web browser and type extender.linksys.com in the displayed address bar. You can also use the IP address of your range extender – 192.168.1.1
- Once you are done with this then Linksys extender setup RE6500 page will open.
- Now, click on the start button.
- Once you had done this step then you have to choose “As a wireless range extender” option.
- Then, click on NEXT.
- Then select the WiFi according to your choice.
- Click the refresh icon to scan.
- Now enter the password and then click on NEXT.
- Now you will need to configure the extended WiFi network.
- Once you are done with this click NEXT.
- SPOT FINDER will check the signal strength between your router and Linksys RE6500. If it is showing TO FAR or TO CLOSE then change your extender position and again return to step 3. If it is showing just right in that case you are not required to change the location.
- Create a username and password then click on NEXT.
How to reset Linksys RE6500?
You just need to give 10 seconds to reset your Linksys wireless extender. It is quite normal that the extender is disconnected after a point of time in that case you can again reset it by following these few steps:
- Make sure that your extender is properly plugged into the wall.
- Just next to the Auto-Configuration button, you will find the reset button.
- Press that button for10 seconds.
- Release that button after 10 seconds so that the extender should reset to its factory settings.
If you want to know more about this then you can prefer the Linksys RE6500 manual, a manual with detailed information which will definitely provide satisfactory answers to your all questions and you will be able to access the internet in all corners of your house.
Linksys RE6500 not working?
There can be dozens of reasons because of which your extender is not working.
Some of the common problems with your router and extender could be:
- Having set up or login issues
- Sometimes web address is not working
- The problem in establishing a connection with multiple devices at the same time
- Unable to troubleshoot internet issues
Sometimes because of these problems, the extender is not able to extend the network and as a result, DEAD ZONES remains active.
If you are facing such problems then, first of all, try to disconnect and again reconnect your internet. If this also doesn’t work then try to resolve it by restarting your computer system. Then unplug your modem at least for 10 seconds and after that again plug it back
Troubleshooting tips to solve the problem
- Check the physical connection of extender and router.
- Try to keep a minimum distance between Linksys extender and your router in order to avoid a weak connection.
- When you are keying the password always keep in mind that it is always case-sensitive.
- If your router is using WPA security then make sure that your extender also uses WPA security.
- For the efficient and successful working of Linksys RE6500 extender, its firmware must be up to date to the latest version.
- An extender is facilitated with a reset button press and hold it for at least 10 seconds in order to reboot the device.
- Check that the link light of all hardware connections is blinks green, which means that it should be switched ON.
- Make sure that the SSID setting matches with all the other devices in link with that network
For more information and help please go through Linksys RE6500 manual, it includes detailed information about this wireless range extender and which is 100% capable of giving efficient as well as a unique answer to all your questions.
What are the two setup modes of Linksys RE6500?
There are 2 setup modes of this wireless range extender.
Wired Range Extender Access Point mode. It is possible through an ethernet cable.
Wireless Range Extender mode.
How will you find out that in which mode the Linksys RE6500 is in?
Once you have installed the extender, access the Linksys RE6500 web-based setup page to know the updated top header (active mode) name.
This is how you will check that in which mode the extender is in.
How to check whether your Linksys extender is connected or not?
One of the most important things is to check weather the extender is connected to the network or not and whether it is receiving the correct IP address from your router?
You are required to follow these steps to check the status of the extender:
- First of all, you need to open the web browser.
- Now, you need to log in to the web-based setup page of your Linksys wireless range extender.
- On the left of the navigation panel there is device info, CLICK on it.
- Verify Subnet Mask and Default Gateway that are under Network Address.
- In the left navigation under status, click on WLAN Statistics.
- Verify that your wireless network’s name field is the same as the Network name(SSID) field.
- Now, check the status of the extender. It should show as Connected.
System Requirements for Linksys RE6500 Extender
The system must have a wireless router or access point and a strong WiFi capable computer which includes an ethernet port.
It should runs the Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1 or later, Windows 7, or Windows 8 operating system or the Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.8 or later, Snow Leopard 10.6.1 or later, Lion 10.7 or later, or Mountain Lion 10.8 or later Operating system.
What is the best location for the WiFi extender?
The extender should be placed halfway between your router and computer system. It is the perfect location to put down the extender. It must be within the range of your router.
You must always keep in mind that if you have to place it to a different place, then move the extender closer to the device, but it should be within the wireless range of the router.
Linksys Re6500 Extender LED POWER LIGHTS Status.
Thelight which is placed in front of the extender gives us the knowledge about power and WPS.
Blinking white – This light suggest-
- The extender is powered on.
- It is resetting to factory default
- Upgrading the firmware
Solid white – This light suggest
- The extender is ready to use.
Blinking amber for 2 minutes – This light suggest
- An extender is not able to establish the connection
- Facing any other problem
What is the use of bridge mode in Linksys extender?
Bridge mode in the extender allows you to connect two wireless routers together without any performance slow down issue.
Bridge mode disable the NAT feature of modem and permit a wireless router to work as a DHCP server without an IP address conflict.
It allows multiple wireless routers to use a single network and use the router as an additional access point on the WiFi network.
How you can put Linksys router in bridge mode?
Bridge Mode is proved to be relevant when you want to:
- Connect two routers at the same point.
- Utilize the router as an additional access point on the existing network.
- Connect your router to a modem from your IPS (internet service provider).
- Impair the router’s capability to function with the other party.
IMPORTANT- before setting your router in bridge mode, assure that fulfill the following requirements:
- First of all a main router- it can be the actual home router or the router that was given by your internet service provider.
- Strong internet connection with your main router.
- You must have 2 Ethernet cables.
- A super cool Linksys wireless router with Bridge Mode feature.
In order to set it in bridge mode, you are required to –
- Click the connectivity link in the “Router setting” section.
- Now open the “internet setting tab” and choose “ “IPv4” option.
- Select Bridge Mode under “Type of Internet Connection”.
- Then select “Obtain an IPv4 address automatically”.
- Once you are done with this then click OK to enable your router’s bridge mode.
What is the difference between bridge mode and access point?
An access point connects with our home network with the help of an Ethernet cable and forms new and unique surroundings of wireless networks which enable us to connect our wireless devices with home networks.
On the other hand
A bridge mode in the router connects separate networks. Your preexisting network to all the devices connected to the bridge mode.
Linksys RE6500 firmware
Firmware are error fixers and functionality enhancement of your router.
Firmware updates are very crucial because they resolve the problems or issues that you may face while using your router. Your router. Is capable enough of either an automatic or manual firmware update.
In order to avoid upgrade failures the following items must be checked properly:
- Try to use a wired computer system for better and long-lasting connectivity.
- If your default web browser is not working properly then use another stable browser.
- Download correct firmware from the Linksys support site.
- If any storage device is connected to the router then before upgrading the firmware, remove it and then start the upgrading process.
Before upgrading Linksys RE6500 firmware you have to complete these steps
Check the model as well as the version of the router
Download the firmware
Perform the upgrading process
Follow these steps to upgrade Linksys RE6500 firmware-
First of all open any web browser on any electronic device then login to your Linksys extender setup page.
Once you have logged in to the setup page, it will ask you for the password. If you have changed your password and now you are not recollecting it then you can use a custom password.
Note- Linksys custom password is “admin”.
If you have key in your password then click on login.
Click on Firmware Update which you will find under the Administration tab.
It is the last step where you can upgrade the extender in 2 different ways:
- Click on CHECK FOR FIRMWARE, and then simply click on UPDATE.
- We can also upgrade the extender firmware by selecting the firmware file which we have downloaded earlier and then update it with the upload option.
Now you are ready to work!!
Your Linksys Firmware is updated!
Linksys RE6500 review
With ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rating, this wireless extender has some pros and cons.
Let’s give a look to at Linksys RE6500 reviews:
Pros of Linksys RE6500
- Fast install and strong signal
- Very easy to setup
- Efficient antennas support
- Amazing wireless coverage and connectivity
- Great positioning of antennas
Cons of Linksys RE6500
❌ Significant speed loss
❌ It is not durable
❌ Problem in broadcasting the signal
You can take an informative tour to Linksys RE6500 manual and find the effective and detailed solution to all your irritating internet and Linksys RE6500 related problems.
If still the issue is not resolved then contact to official website of Linksys RE6500 extender.
Don’t you think that these have come in the form of blessings in our life?