This is a range extender that is invented to increase your WiFi signal and enable you to enjoy watching movies, playing video games, and many more. You can do any of your work without getting distracted with the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX WiFi Range Extender. It has enough capability to boost your existing signal strength so you enjoy your WiFi outdoors and Even at multiple floors.
Let’s boost up your signal strength!!
- FEATURES of Linksys RE6400
- How to setup Linksys RE6400
- How to reset Linksys RE6400?
- Power Light Description
- Using Site Survey on Linksys RE6400 Range Extender
- The process to update the firmware
- Linksys RE6400 review
FEATURES of Linksys RE6400
ELIMINATE DEAD SPOTS AND BOOST WIFI signal strength
This extender very easily extends your home WiFi coverage to let you enjoy uninterrupted streaming, online gaming, and many more with the Linksys AC1200 BOOST EX WiFi Range Extender (RE6400). The AC1200 BOOST EX expands your existing WiFi range up to 7,500 square feet so you can experience a stronger as well as efficient WiFi signal throughout the house.
Have the ability to WORK WITH ALL ROUTERS
The AC1200 BOOST EX Linksys extender is capable to work with all kinds of WiFi routers, including the existing one or those from service providers. There is no need to make alterations in your router’s settings at the time of installing the Linksys extender. You don’t need to adjust your router at any cost.
EASY SETUP OPTIONS FOR OPTIMAL PLACEMENT
There are 2 easy ways to setup Linksys RE7000 extender-
- Press the Push Button to connect to the feature on the Linksys RE7000 MAX-STREAM AC1900+ in order to directly get connected to your home router.
- Another way to simply set up the extender through your smartphone, computer system/ laptops.
- Look for the best location for your range extender with the help of Spot Finder Technology.
Affiliated with spot finder Technology
it is highlighting as Too far or Too close from your existing home router then in that case the extender may not expand Wi-Fi, and you are required to adjust the location of your wireless Linksys extender so that it can easily eliminate the dead spots. Spot Finder helps your Linksys range extender to be at the right place.
How to setup Linksys RE6400
Builds up WIFI CONNECTION WITH DUAL BANDS
Ranging from streaming movies to play games online, and browse anything without any issues then hearty thanks to quick data transfer speeds of up to N300 + AC867 Mbps. The range extender is featured with dual bands and not only this but it can also directly transmits the WiFi signal to your connected devices for excellent performance because it is blessed with Beamforming Technology.
Increased WiFi connection with CROSSBAND TECHNOLOGY
Crossband Technology permits you to obtain information on one band and transfer it to the other, resulting in reduced dropped data packets, faster media transfer speeds, and a stronger, more consistent WiFi connection throughout the home as well as at the workplace
WIRED CONNECTION WITH GIGABIT ETHERNET PORT
You can connect any wired device like a gaming console, Blu-ray player, Smart TV, laptop, or streaming player to your smart WiFi network. The Linksys RE6400 extender’s Gigabit Ethernet port gifts data transfer speeds up to 10 times faster than a normal Ethernet port.
How to setup Linksys RE6400 extender
Setting up the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 BOOST EX Wi-Fi Range Extender is extremely easy and simple with its browser-based setup feature. There’s no requirement for an installation software or setup CD.
Before beginning with the setup procedure, ensure the following requirements:
- You must have an active and strong Wi-Fi connection.
- You must have an idea about your existing Wi-Fi settings (Wi-Fi name and Wi-Fi password).
- The Linksys RE6400 must be plugged into a power socket and the light should start blinking orange.
Follow the steps below to set up your range extender.
First of all, using a computer system or a mobile device, try to connect your device to the Linksys range extender’s default Wi-Fi name, which is Linksys Extender Setup – xxx.
NOTE: The xxx represents the last three characters of the Linksys RE6400’s MAC address which is available on the label at the back of that device.
Now, on your mobile phone or on any web browser, type in “http://extender.linksys.com” or “192.168.1.1” in the Address bar and then press ENTER.
Click on .
As a wireless range extender option will be selected by default upon setting up.
Click on Next.
The next step is to choose the available WiFi from your device that shows excellent signal strength.
NOTE: If your Wi-Fi is also using a 5 GHz band, you should see it with the 2.4 GHz band.
QUICK TIP: If you have a hidden SSID, scroll all the way down the list and click Manually Enter Network Name and Password.
Or else, wait until it detects your Wi-Fi itself.
Now, enter your Wi-Fi password for Linksys Re6400 in the password field.
Then click on Next.
You will be asked to configure the extended wireless network that our Linksys range extender will be broadcasting.
Change the settings as you want or leave the defaults as it is, as it is optional and depends upon your opinion.
Then click .
QUICK TIP: The extended wireless network is the Wi-Fi that your range extender will broadcast so that you can enjoy the best connectivity throughout your home and workplace.
Click Next if the Spot Finder shows that the Linksys RE6400’s location is Just right. This feature tells that the signal strength between your range extender and your home router.
If the spot finder page is blinking as Too far or Too close, then relocate it accordingly but it should be within range, then you are required to start it again and for this return to Step 1.
Now, create an admin password to provide security to your Linksys RE6400. You may also add a password hint if you want.
Click on .
So now, your extender is ready to boost up your internet!!
These steps will surely help you in setting up the extender and then too if you have any issue regarding this or anything else then you can visit the Linksys RE6400 manual, an informative manual that is capable of answering all your queries.
If you want any technical help or support you can directly contact to Linksys RE6400 official website as we don’t provide any technical help through any mode.
How to reset Linksys RE6400?
You just need to give 10 seconds to reset your Linksys wireless extender. it is quite normal that the extender is disconnected after a point of time in that case you can again reset it by following these few steps:
- Make sure that your extender is properly plugged into the wall.
- just next to the Auto-Configuration button, you will find the reset button.
- Press that button for10 seconds.
- Release that buttonafter 10 seconds so that the extender should reset to its factory settings.
Power Light Description
There is a light in front of the range extender which provides you with the information about power, updating as well as signal strength.
- Blinking green
- Booting up
- Upgrading the firmware
- Resetting the Linksys extender to factory defaults
- Solid green
- It is ready to use.
- Solid orange
- There is a weak connection with your home router
- Blinking orange
- Extender is not properly connected to your home router
- Any other technical error
Using Site Survey on Linksys RE6400 Range Extender
The Site Survey shows all the wireless networks within the range of the range extender.
Follow these instructions given below to know how to use the Site Survey feature of the Linksys RE6400 range extender.
- First of all open a web browser in order to log in to the web-based setup page of your Linksys wireless range extender.
- Now, click on the Site Survey option.
- The Site Survey page will display the following options:
- SelectSecuritySSIDSignal strengthGHz
- Select – clicking the radio button beside the wireless network name (SSID) selects the SSID.
- Security – it displays the security type which is used by available networks. If any network supports WiFi Protected Setup (WPS), the WPS icon will be displayed.
- SSID – shows the name of all available networks.
- Signal Strength – it displays the relative position of the available networks within range of extender by indicating the power of the wireless signal received.
- GHz – this determines the radio band of all available wireless networks.
The process to update the firmware
In order to learn about how to upgrade the range extender’s firmware, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Open any web browser to log in to the web-based setup page of your range extender.
There are three methods to log in to the web-based setup page:-
- Enter “http://extender.linksys.com“ in the Address bar.
- Enter the range extender’s IP Address.
NOTE: If your Linksys range extender is not yet configured, its default IP Address is 192.168.1.1.
Once your wireless range extender is already configured you will need to look up the IP Address in your router’s DHCP table.
- For RE6400,enter http://RE6x00-xxx for Windows users or http://RE6x00-xxx.local for Mac users.
Where xxx are the last three characters of the extender’s MAC Address.
You will be asked for a Password. If you have changed your password then enter your custom password. Otherwise, enter the default “admin” on the Password field.
Then click to Log in.
On the web-based setup page, click Firmware Upgrade which is under Administration.
Let’s give a look to Linksys RE6400 reviews
There are two methods for upgrading the Linksys RE6400 firmware
- Automatic update
In this, the range extender will automatically detect if there is any new available firmware. If there is any update available, click the Update now button to start upgrading the firmware.
If you want for future firmware files to automatically update, select the Auto-update range extender when improvements are available checkbox.
- Manual update
If you want to manually update the firmware, click Select a File and select the firmware file that you have downloaded earlier.
Then click on Open.
NOTE: Make sure that you have downloaded the firmware file from the Linksys support product page.
Now, click on Save.
The report of the upgrade procedure will be shown on the same page.
To avoid any issues with the range extender, do not interrupt the upgrade procedure.
NOW YOUR EXTENDER’S FIRMWARE IS UPDATED!!
Linksys RE6400 review
With 4.1 ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Rating, this wireless extender has some pros and cons which one must consider before making purchasing decisions
Let’s give a look to at Linksys RE6400 reviews:
- strong signal
- Easy to access
- Efficient antennas support
- Amazing wireless coverage and connectivity
- Great product within reasonable price
❌ it is not easy to install
❌ It is not durable
❌ Problem in broadcasting the signal
You can take an informative tour to Linksys RE6400 manual and find the effective and detailed solution to all your irritating internet and Linksys RE6400 related problems.
If still the issue is not resolved then contact to official website of Linksys RE6500 extender.
Let’s enjoy this lockdown with great connectivity and awesome internet speed!!
- Why the light on the extender is blinking orange?
Blinking orange means that there is a weak internet connection.
Ensure that your router has a good internet connection and Wi-Fi is turned on. If the router is in order then unplug the wireless extender, bring it closer to the router then plug it back, wait for a minute, and reconnect to your network.
- What is the password of Linksys extender?
First of all open your web browser and move to the Linksys extender IP address, 192.168. 1.1. If you’re asked for a username and password, try the default settings with a blank Linksys login username and password “admin.”
Enter your wireless network information on the setup page and click on “Save.”.
- What are the top 5 wireless extenders?
- 1. D-Link DAP-1650 WiFi Range Extender (AC1200)
- 2. Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender.
- 3. Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender (EX7300)
- 4. TP-Link AC1750 WiFi Range Extender (RE450)
- 5. Linksys AC1200 Max WiFi Range Extender RE6500.
- Why my Linksys WiFi is not working?
The quickest and easiest way to solve a number of issues concerning Linksys routers is to power cycle or reboot your device.
To do this, power OFF the router, unplug the power cord and wait for around 10 seconds before plugging it back. Low signal quality received from your wireless router. Outdated router firmware is also some times a major issue so always keep your firmware updated.