Unable to access extender.linksys.com web-based setup page using the aforementioned steps?
If so, then your WiFi range extender is already configured. So use these steps for accessing the Linksys wireless extender setup page:
- Move to the start button and open file explorer.
- Click on “Network” on the left pane.
- Under the network, you will find the name of the extender, right-click on that.
- And then afterward click on “view device web-page” from the drop-down list.
- Then enter the assigned username and password and click on “log in”.
- The web browser will now open the extender.linksys.com web-based setup page.
For Windows 8 /8.1 Operating System
- Go to charms bar – this is the bar on the right that shows five icons on your home screen, then click on search.
- In the prompted box, enter “Network” and press enter.
- Click on the Network application from the result that is made available.
- Right-click on the extender’s icon, under the network, and select “properties”.
- Note down the extender’s IP address from there.
- Open a web browser and type the IP address on the address bar and then click on ENTER.
- So now, you will be on the extender’s web-based setup page.
For Mac Operating System
- Go to the Safari web browser and open the Bookmarks tab.
- Choose Bonjour from the drop-down list and then double-click on it.
- Use the username and password that you have assigned to the extender’s network, or else, use admin and password as the credentials.
- Now you will be routed to the online setup page of a wireless extender.
Checking Extender’s connectivity after extender.linksys.com
Once you are completed with the setup, you can check the extender’s connectivity with the help ofthe ping command of the command prompt. Before checking the connectivity, ensure that you have executed each setup instruction properly in the exact order as it is provided above. Then, check the network connectivity status by following these simple and easy steps:
- Search for command prompt on your home device.
- Once the command prompt opens, enter the IP address of the extender and then press “Enter”.
- If it shows data transmissions, your Linksys smart WiFi setup is successful. CONGRATULATIONS.
- However, unfortunately, if it highlights “disconnected” or “no data transmissions” then it is possible that the router’s firmware is obsoleted.
- In order to update your extender’s firmware, give a look at the section stated below.
Steps for Upgrading Firmware of Extender
Actually, what is firmware?
Firmware is the software on which your Linksys extender operates and functions. The extender proper functionality remains incomplete, till the extender’s firmware is upgraded to the latest version.
By following these steps you will be able to upgrade your Linksys extender’s firmware:
Let’s begin with the process:
- Now, successfully start the upgrade process by login to the online extender’s settings portal.
- The web address of this portal is http//extender.linksys.com.
- Type this address on any web browser and then press enter.
- Enter the username and password in order to log in.
- Once you are done with this, go to the administration section.
- You will find the option for firmware update, inside the administration section.
- Tap on “Firmware Update” and it will automatically begin with the update procedure.
- Make sure that you don’t interrupt the setup process, to avoid any kind of error as it can corrupt your Linksys extender firmware.
- Updating the firmware fixes bugs (errors) provides new and effective functionality to your extender, and as a result the performance of the extender increases.
So this is how you can update your extender’s firmware via extender.linksys.com login page. The new firmware also prevents and resolves intermittent, loading or dropping WiFi connection.
How to access Linksys Extender after Setup?
Once you had successfully marked a full stop on the extender setup process, you may require to access extender after the setup in order to manage the settings, manipulate your network name or password, or any other work.
So, here you are provided with the steps to reach the settings portal of your configured extender:
Follow these steps:
- First of all turn on your Computer or Laptop.
- Then connect your device to the extender’s network either with the help of an Ethernet cable or wirelessly (optional).
- Now, open any available web browser.
- Delete all kinds of cache and cookies.
- Key http//extender.linksys.com on the address bar and press the enter key.
- Now you are required to type your username and password in the prompted box.
- Once you are finished with this, click on “log in”.
- Now, you are on the extender.linksys.com login web page. Make any desired setting changes. Once done, click on the Save button.
So this is how you have to access your Linksys extender!!
Re-configure Linksys Extender
Re-configuration of your Linksys extender is required when you are about to set up your existing extender with a different network.
Or when you are using a refurbished extender. Here, you will find the guidelines on how to re-configure your WiFi range extender.
Before executing with the re-configuration process of your wireless extender, you are required to reset the extender. So how you have to reset your extender?
just give 10 seconds to reset your Linksys wireless range extender. it is quite normal that the extender is disconnected again and again in that case you can simply reset it.
You need to follow these few steps in order to reset the Linksys extender.
- Be aware that your wireless extender is properly plugged into the wall.
- Find the reset button on your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Press and hold that reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- Release that buttonafter 10 seconds so that the extender should reset to its factory settings.
So now you can continue using your internet service via Linksys WiFi extender!!
Once you are finished with the reset process you can move towards reconfiguration.
Reconfiguration means setting up your extender to the factory default settings.
- Connect the extender to a computer or laptop with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Move to the Extender setup page using any web browser.
- Now, you will encounter the extender.linksys.com login page.
- Enter the username and password to log in to your Linksys extender.
- Once you have entered then, a dashboard will come into view.
- Click on “manual” setup for smart WiFi setupand then start the on-screen instructions.
- After executing all the instructions, select the name of the network according to your choice that you wish to extend using your extender.
- Key in the password for the selected network and then click on apply.
This is how you will re-configure your Linksys extender.
If then too are stuck somewhere, don’t worry as the Linksys experts are available for assistance via Linksys’s official website.
For more information and guidance you can also look at Linksys extender manual, it includes detailed data and information about the range extender and is always ready to give efficient as well as authentic answers to all your queries.