Top 7 best WiFi routers in 2020
The best Wi-Fi routers offer you amazing internet throughout your house or workplace, whether it’s gaming, operating Netflix, or working from home.
No matter if it’s Wi-Fi 6 or a mesh Wi-Fi system, a good sorry! But the best WiFi router provides you with excellent speed, the coverage that removes dead zones from your home, and ultimate features that enable managing the home network extremely easy.
Purchasing our own best WiFi Router instead of working with the gear offered by our ISP( internet service provider ) can allow you to save around $10-15 per month, even you experience better Wi-Fi coverage.
- Top 7 best WiFi routers in 2020
- What is the best Wi-Fi router?
- 7. Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream
- How to choose the best Wi-Fi router
- How we will test the wireless routers
- Best WiFi 6 router
What is the best Wi-Fi router?
Best WiFi routers are those router that no doubt provide amazing coverage, signal, connectivity, completely free our homes and offices from dead spots, and, most importantly, available at a very reasonable price.
Best WiFi routers in a nutshell:
You all must be having a question about what is the best WiFi router for home use? After in-depth testing, the best WiFi router for homes is the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000, a Wi-Fi 6 gaming router. This newer standard provides more extended range, lower latency, and the tools for optimizing the working.
· Especially for larger homes, you need the range that reaches all around and extends to multiple floors, and for that, you require a mesh router, one of the best home WiFi routers for maximum coverage. The Nest WiFi is the best WiFi router for a large home according to your requirement. It gifts excellent performance that binds up your whole house with a strong signal, and yes, it is also featured with a built-in Google smart speaker for effective voice control.
· If you need the best WiFi Router at a reasonable price, then the TP-Link Archer C2300 is the best budget Wi-Fi router, sincere thanks to its brilliant working capacity, it’s mind-blowing features and obviously to its extremely affordable and reasonable cost.
· If you want a lesser expensive option, you should opt for another best WiFi router- TP-Link Archer A7, as it provides effective performance and productive features.
· Security is everybody’s priority to protect the
house full of connected devices from getting hacked, the best security-focused WiFi router is the Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 (RS400), which is popular for its three years of easy-to-manage feature and protection from unauthorized access.
· The TP-Link Archer C5400X is the best WiFi router for gaming. This tri-band 802.11AC one of the best WiFi router has solid Wi-Fi speed, as well as, coverage, along with gamer-oriented and error-free security features.
· If customization impresses you more, then the best WiFi router for you is the Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream, which enables you to avail of the benefits of optimum performance with tools for better bandwidth, automatic features, setting up of parental controls and many more.
Best WiFi routers to buy
1. Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
It is one of the best WiFi routers, but before making any crucial decision, consider it’s pros and cons.
- Performance improves and increases with distance
- Better customization
- Smart 2.5Gbps wired connector
- It is a very big
One of the best WiFi router that is highly appreciated as the best WiFi 6 router. The Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 is the router that brings a curve on the gamers. One of the best WiFi router for gaming with the excellent speed that increases over a more extended range, quite low latency, and all kinds of features that normally gamers demands. Remaining other gaming routers comes later in the list of the best WiFi routers.
The GT-AX11000 router is quite large, with a gargantuan base, eight powerful antennas, and 10.8Gbps maximum throughput. This one of the best WiFi routers has connectivity in droves and for this all thanks to its tri-band design and four downstream Gigabit LAN ports.
The built-in customization feature and gaming-oriented optimizations offer better control, and you can also pair it with other models of Asus routers if you want, for mesh networking I’m ordered to cover a larger area. Price- $450, it is a little bit expensive, but this is the best Wi-Fi router that the gamers are waiting for.
2. Nest WiFi
Best WiFi router with the built-in smart speaker
Let’s consider it’s pros and cons before reaching any decision:
· Good performance
· Google Assistant built-in
· Easy setup
- Minimum configuration options
There are many mesh Wi-Fi solutions available in the market, and while they all can cover our home and remove all the dead spots. But everyone’s one of the best WiFi routers in the top 7 rankings is Nest WiFi. Proudly made by Google, the Nest WiFi is small to hide and remove out of sight, and it is also stylish and smart enough. Actually, the real thing for these best WiFi routers, mesh units is their outstanding performance. Each mesh extension of the available Nest WiFi system has a Google Home excellent speaker built-in capable enough to offer you one of the great voice assistants throughout your house or workplace, as well as a powerful signal.
This smart Nest WiFi also provides one of the most straightforward setup processes we have ever imagined, making it a popular router to work with. Not only this, but it can also work with any kind of older Google WiFi units you may have. But featured with Google Assistant made it capable of coming in the list of best WiFi routers, offering a fantastic way to decorate the home with its voice control.
3. TP-Link Archer C2300
Another answer to your question of what is the best WiFi router
Read below to know about the pros and cons of this one of the top 7 best WiFi router.
- Top performance
- Less expensive
- Affiliated with built-in antivirus protection
- Comes with a two-year warranty period
- It gets hot quickly
The TP-Link Archer C2300 is one of the best buy WiFi routers. Most importantly, it performs smartly, pumping out around a gigabit per second of data and information in the standard performance tests, and is capable enough to cross walls and ceilings very easily.
Archer C2300 is not only one of the fastest router we have come across, but this best WiFi router is also small, undisrupted, and full of high-end smart features.
The Archer C2300 best WiFi router is featured with built-in optimization tools, such as antivirus, QoS along with parental controls. Available at $120, it is nearly less than half of what exactly working competitors WiFi cost, and also comes with two year warranty period. The TP-Link Archer C2300 is one of the best buy WiFi routers.
4. TP-Link Archer A7
Another craving of the users and another one of the best WiFi router that everyone looks for.
Below given are its pros and cons.
- Less expensive router
- High performance
- Comes with a two-year warranty period
- Does not have deep customization options
- Support a limited range
The TP-Link Archer A7 recommends the best Wi-Fi router for those who had a move for preparing the budget before finalizing the purchase. But this best-budgeted router proves the illusion- “ only expensive products clear the test of quality” wrong because it provides excellent 802.11ac performance and endless features. The Archer A7 best WiFi router has superior performance compared to the cost and featured with four Gigabit LAN ports, USB 2.0 port for the devices, and many more.
It does not only passes the test of solid performance and sound features, but this best buy WiFi routers also support extremely easy setup procedure and quite useful parental controls, along with an app that will allow you to monitor, as well as, control network use from anywhere.
Yes, it’s true that it is not featured with customization tools, but it has parental control and Quality of Service software that assures better performance.
It is the one that will meet your demand.
5. Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 (RS400)
It is also the answer to what is the best WiFi router for home use.
Its pros and cons are given below:
· Has three years of security software
· Support easy setup
- Has short range
- There is not much to configure
The Netgear Nighthawk AC2300 (RS400) delivers its signal and features in a different area called Cybersecurity. This another one of the best WiFi routers, RS400 may offer effective performance and maximum range to cover homes, but its real point of attention is protection.
The RS400 router is designed to protect our complete connected home, from our laptops, PCs, and phones not only this but a whole range of smart devices, such as ranging from TVs to ovens, and doorbell cameras.
In today’s time with dozens of devices on the home network, you have to be more particular, as the poorly secured device can meet you with hackers. The RS400, best WiFi router try it’s 100% to keep your entire home safe from the unauthorized access and getting hacked easily. It is also easy to set it up and manageable. These features make it the best WiFi router for cybersecurity.
6. TP-Link Archer C5400X
It is another best WiFi router for gaming
Let’s look at its pros and cons:
- Superexcellent performance, as well as, tri-band design
- Enough customization potential
- Better security software
- It is big
- Can not aim antennas
The TP-Link Archer C5400X is one of the best WiFi routers for gaming with excellent performance that you will notice in any single house networking device. It also provides best-in-class tri-band performance, delivers 1Gbps over its 2.4GHz band, and 2.167Gbps over its two 5GHz channels.
It also has excellent coverage around 100 feet that will cover your home with reliable and unbreakable WiFi signals.
It has a spider-like 8-antenna design and a red-on-black color scheme that will attract users’ minds. The real point of attention is the collection of fantastic optimization that will surely bring a satisfactory smile on the face of any power user. It is another top 7 best WiFi router with better bandwidth-allocation controls that will let you use the wide throughput you wish and shows its capability as the best WiFi router for gaming.
7. Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream
Another ultimate and best WiFi router for power users.
Read it’s pros and cons mentioned below:
· Tri-band design along with excellent performance
· Great software options
· Small design
- Quite short range
For a customizable best WiFi router, we suggest the Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream, which is a solid tri-band router, decorated with tools to tweak, as well as, you can customize your router for optimal performance. This small black beauty EA8300 Max-Stream can also transfer lots of data, though it will prove best for smaller homes. But even with short-range, it gives satisfactory performance for another best WiFi router, a router that is available for less than $200.
No problem whether you are allocating bandwidth to gaming, movies streaming, or just setting up parental controls, you can easily automate many features, try to slight adjustments on the fly, and then monitor it from your desktop or your smartphone. With several ways to customize the router’s performance, the Linksys EA8300 Max-Stream is best to buy a WiFi router for the power user.
So this was the list of top 7 best WiFi router for you, now we hope that you can make a wise choice and able to buy the router according to your satisfaction.
How to choose the best Wi-Fi router
Till now, through this article, we had provided you with the list of routers ruling in 2020, but when it comes to the selection of the best Wi-Fi router, it is not that easy to get completely lost in the complexity of networking, technology and then taking the correct decision. So here is the tip, all you want to know is how to effectively answer these two key questions: What speed do you require for the internet connection? And what kind of coverage do you need in your home?
When we talk about internet connection, the internet speed that will be required for the router will be determined by the speed you receive from the internet service provider, how much, and what speed is supported by your modem. For most people, a standard 802.11AC router will provide all, but some exciting plans, such as Gigabit internet plans are only available in some selected cities. With an average broadband speed of about 100 Mbps, most of the AC routers will be easily able to handle it.
The latest technology for the home routers is
Wi-Fi 6 is newer and faster and is suited to the many devices available today.
How we will test the wireless routers
First of all, why we need to test the WiFi routers? We examine the wireless routers for throughput and range to measure how much data a home router can transfer, and how well it will perform at the wide and remote location.
· If you want to avail the best performance in a large, homes, then you need a router that performs excellent at longer distances.
· If you’re are living in a small home, then short-range performance will be your choice.
· When possible, we also verify the performance when crossing walls and ceilings, to determine how much strong signal a router can provide in the WiFi-dampening conditions that are very common for many buildings, offices, and homes.
· Regarding mesh routers, we do additional testing to know how effectively the mesh system sends a signal through both your main router, as well as, through a satellite unit. We also test the routers to see how consistently a pair of mesh routers will cover an ample space.
So try and choose one of the best cable modems to get faster network speed.
Some other best WiFi router according to your requirement:
- Best WiFi router for multiple devices
If you want to connect dozens of devices for connection at the same time, then there is one of the best WiFi router available for you, and it is – NETGEAR Nighthawk X4S Smart WiFi Router. It will help you connect 60 devices at the same point and remove dead spots from your home.
- Best WiFi router for long-range
If you wish to extend your network to every corner of your room or even outdoors, then here is a list of best wifi router for the long-range. Go through the list to select the best buy WiFi router.
Here is the list of best wifi router to extend the home network.
1. Linksys AC2200 Tri-Band Wi-Fi Router
The Linksys AC2200 is a long-range router that provides 2,000 sq. ft. of coverage. This one of the best WiFi routers can support around 20 wireless connections at the same time, with Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output (MU-MIMO) technology to maintain speed across your network.
The AC2200 router permits you to stream around 4000 content across the network. It is also featured with Linksys’ Airtime Fairness feature designed to maintain a fair distribution of bandwidth around your network.
2. Netgear Nighthawk AX3000
The Netgear Nighthawk AX3000, a router with sleek, as well as, unique design. This is another best wifi router for long-range powered by a dual-core processor to deliver four continuous streams. It means you can connect around 16 devices to the access point without any hindrances and performance errors.
The AX3000 also provides smooth 4000 local streaming, and there are five-gigabit ethernet ports for wired connections. According to your requirement, it can be proved to be one of the best WiFi routers for your home.
3. TP-Link AC5400 Tri-Band
The TP-Link AC5400 is another tri-band router. It has eight antennas that help in delivering extended and long-range along with beamforming technology to increase the reach.
The AC5400 router has four separate streams along with MU-MIMO technology, permitting your router to serve around four devices at a point. This is all possible because of the onboard 1.4GHz dual-core processor.
Because it is a tri-band router, that’s why there is a standard 2.4GHz band for old devices, and two 5GHz bands for speedy performance, better extension, and 4000 streaming.
- Best WiFi router for streaming
You must have the question – what is the best WiFi router for streaming movies?
So here is the answer:
Netgear nighthawk RAX40 is the best WiFi router for streaming movies without any disturbance. Look at its pros and cons:
· Very fast
· Easy setup
· Less costly
· Strong signal
- Best WiFi router with the spectrum
Many of you have just wondered about what WiFi router works best with the spectrum.
So there is the answer:
Linksys EA7500 one of the best WiFi routers according to your requirement.
With a reasonable price range and attractive features, this is manufactured to being connected online a breeze; the Linksys EA7500 is the best pick for the best WiFi router for Spectrum.
Look at its pros and cons:
- Excellent performance
- Extremely user friendly
- Straightforward installation process
- Can be easily used in router mode
- Attractive features
- Majorly there are no cons of Linksys EA7500
Best WiFi 6 router
Here is the top 9 best WiFi 6 router 2020
- TP-Link Archer AX6000
- Netgear Orbi with WiFi 6 (RBK852)
- TP-Link Archer AX50 WiFi 6 AX3000 Smart WiFi Router
- Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000
- Linksys MX10 Velop WiFi 6 Mesh kit
- Netgear nighthawk AX12 (RAX120)
- Netgear 4-Stream WiFi 6 Router (RAX15)
- TP-Link Deco X20
- Netgear nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6 System